Last Revised: April 10, 2017
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you visit or register on Our site, purchase a service or product, subscribe to Our newsletter, fill out a form or comment on a post or page. We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information, including email address;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
- E-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with Us via e-mail;
- Information knowingly provided by you through Our online forms, including registration forms, surveys, and/or other entries.
Additionally, this website uses various web analytics tools and other measurement tools to help analyze how users Use the site.
We will never (and will not allow any third party) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to Our site. The Web Analytics vendors do not associate your IP address with any other data held by them. Neither We nor the Web Analytics Vendors will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on Our website.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information We collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps Us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve Our website (we continually strive to improve Our website offerings based on the information and feedback We receive from you);
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- To send periodic emails;
- To evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Layman Lab.
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist Us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when We believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at Our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on Our website, or affiliate links to other sites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of Our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act compliance
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Our right to contact You
Anti Spam Policy, Can-Spam Act compliance
Layman Lab is committed to ensuring compliance with the Can-Spam Act, which took effect January 1, 2004. You may receive email from Layman Lab in the following circumstances:
- Thanking you for your valued business;
- Advertisements for Our products, services, new product availability, free resources, changes in services;
- Correspondence to confirm a transaction and/or reminders of pending transactions;
- Updates/notifications generated by Our products and services;
- Delivery of email newsletter subscriber incentives;
- Advertisements for third party products and services where we have determined that such product or service may be of interest to Our customers.
To ensure compliance with the Can-Spam Act, Layman Lab has implemented the following guidelines for email delivery:
All emails sent to you by Layman Lab will clearly identify Layman Lab as the sender. FROM / SENDER: info@LaymanLab.com. NOTE: The actual sender may alter, but all from addresses will end with @LaymanLab.com).
Any marketing/promotional email from Layman Lab will include the ability to unsubscribe from future email messages. Unsubscribing will ensure the customer is removed from all marketing lists at Layman Lab; this excludes customer service emails regarding the processing and status of transactions, products and membership.
All marketing emails sent to you directly by Layman Lab include a valid postal address information in the footer.
Layman Lab, Inc.
12759 NE Whitaker Way, # K297
Portland, OR 97230
Last Revised: October 29, 2016
When you submit information to Us or use Our App, you agree that We can collect, use, disclose, and process certain information as described in this Policy, so please make sure you fully understand the details within this document before using Our App. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Among other things, this Policy explains:
- What information we do not collect
- What information we do collect
- How we use the information we collect
- How we protect your information
What information we DO NOT collect
Layman Lab does not collect, nor can We view or have ANY access to ANY of your device’s location data or location history. We specifically designed Our App so that We DO NOT have access to this information.
What information we DO collect
Information you provide Us
- Our App does not require you to register or login to use the App, so in the normal course of use, you will not be directly providing Us with any personal information. That said, when you contact Us directly through the App (e.g. to report bugs or provide feedback on the App), we will collect the personal identification information that you provide – including (where applicable) your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, demographic information, and other information that you provide.
- If you contact Us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys within the App, and we may use those responses for research and product improvement purposes. You are in no way required to respond to or complete these surveys.
Information We automatically collect
- The vast majority of mobile apps utilize some form of Analytics tool to collect data about the performance and usage of the app. Our App is no different, and We use this data – which is made up of Non–Personally Identifiable Information (“Generic Information”) – to improve and update the App, to discover potential features and upgrades, to identify potential issues within the App, to make sure the App is functioning properly, and to inform Our business decisions relating to the App. We automatically collect and log this Generic Information about you and your mobile device whenever you interact with Our App. Generic Information may include, but is not limited to, your mobile device’s model number and operating system, browser type, browser and operating system language, mobile service provider, pages you view within Our App, how long you spend in Our App, your Internet service utilized, and other similar information about your use of and actions within Our App.
- Because of the way Our App functions, and because Our App requires information about your device’s location in order to accurately create location-based reminders, Our App will utilize your mobile device’s location services (e.g. GPS and other location data), and the App does log your device’s location data locally on your device. Importantly, neither We nor any of Our third parties have access to this location data. Any location data that is collected by the App is exclusively stored locally on your device – and you can easily delete this information on the “History” page within the App. Again, We do not have ANY access to ANY of your device’s location data or location history. We specifically designed the App so that We DO NOT have access to this information.
How we use the information we collect
We may use the data and information outlined above for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve Our App.
- To provide you with recommendations for actions, reminders, or other related tasks based on your device’s geographical location.
- To provide you with important notifications and reminders within the App.
- To improve the App, discover potential features and upgrades, identify potential issues within the App, and to make sure the App is functioning properly.
- To understand how you use the App.
- To inform you of digital tools or other apps that we think you might be interested in.
- To improve customer service and respond to your customer service requests, questions, comments, and support needs in an efficient manner.
- To send information, including invoices, updates, order status, security alerts, technical notices, confirmations, and other support or administrative messages.
- To deliver or process promotions, contest entries, surveys, rewards, or newsletters. You may unsubscribe from receiving future promotional emails by following simple unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- We may aggregate generic, non-personal and non-identifying statistics and information from all users of the App and share this aggregate data or related statistics on Our website, with third party individuals, companies, or developers for non-commercial and/or commercial purposes in any way We deem useful to promote Us or Our App or Services.
How we protect your information
We take the responsibility of protecting of your personal information very seriously. That is why we built Our App to function without the requirement that you register or disclose your personal information to Us, and that is why any potentially sensitive geolocation data is stored exclusively on your device and NOT accessible by Us.
Importantly, you have the ability to delete from Your device any of the historical geographic or location data the App generates. Visit the “History” page within the App to delete any or all of your device’s historical location data collected by Our App. Please note, once You delete this historical geographic data from your device, there is no way to retrieve it, as We DO NOT store or collect this geographic or location data in any other way.
Regarding the additional data that We collect (as outlined above), We use both technical and procedural methods to maintain the integrity and security of our data and databases, including the use of encryption, the use of digital signatures, administrative access level controls and employee training. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, transaction information, and data.
You should keep in mind, however, that despite our best efforts, no Internet transmission or data storage is ever completely secure or error-free. While We believe our security procedures are commercially reasonable, We cannot guarantee the complete security of any information you submit or any information We gather.
Disclosure of your information
We do not sell or rent your information. We may disclose your personal information to any member of Layman Lab and Our subsidiaries, and we may also disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- When We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may be required to disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, as permitted by applicable law.
- If We, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by Us about Our customers will be one of the transferred assets, as permitted by applicable law.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Layman Lab, Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
- In the event that We need to share your information with service providers who complete your payment transactions, and help us communicate with you as described elsewhere in this Policy.
We may place advertising within Our App, which contains links to the third party websites of Our partners, advertisers, sponsors, or other third parties. We accept no responsibility for the practices of such third party advertisers with respect to any of their policies, and you should consult these advertisers’ policies prior to interacting with their products or services.
Advertising delivered within Our App may be provided by third party advertising partners, who may utilize their own tracking methods or data collection processes, but importantly they will not receive any personally identifiable information about you from Us or from the App, and we will not receive any personally identifiable information from them as a result of Your use of the App.
Layman Lab, Inc.
12759 NE Whitaker Way, # K297
Portland, OR 97230