Please contact us with any questions about the below information. We’re happy to discuss the Don’t Leave It! app, Layman Lab, Inc., or our other projects with bloggers, journalists and media contacts.
The below images and graphics may be used by the media for coverage of our apps and products. All other uses are prohibited without our express consent.
App Release Date:
App Store Link:
Don’t Leave It! on App Store
Layman Lab, Inc.
Based in Brooklyn, New York
March 11, 2016
Press / Business Contact:
Don’t Leave It! is a patent pending app that reminds you not to leave your location without bringing your personal items with you. No extra hardware required.
The app essentially creates an invisible perimeter around your stuff. When you cross that perimeter, the app reminds you to take whatever item you’ve chosen.
Don’t Leave It! was designed to be simple and useful: Just pick an item you don’t want to leave without (e.g. purse or jacket or backpack or briefcase, etc.), set how far you can walk away before getting an alert (e.g. 60 steps or 120 steps), and Don’t Leave It! will remind you to bring your item if you walk away.
Don’t Leave It! primarily uses GPS-based, dynamic geo-fencing technology, but the app even works if you have no data or signal. If the app determines that GPS signal is weak or nonexistent, it automatically switches to pedometer-based calculations. Even if you lose signal while a reminder is set, the app automatically recalculates the distance you are from your items based on available data sources and reminds you with an alarm when you walk too far away from your personal belongings.
Example Use Cases
Don’t Leave It! reminds you when you walk away from your:
- ID or CREDIT CARD at the bar
- PURSE at your co-working space
- TABLET in your airplane seat-back pocket
- JACKET at the restaurant
- UMBRELLA at the café
- PASSPORT or PLANE TICKETS at home
- BACKPACK on the bus
- HOCKEY TICKETS in your office
- LEFTOVERS at Mom’s
- 80 Default Items: We’ve included some of the most commonly forgotten personal items you don’t want to leave behind. Items like Umbrella, Backpack, Jacket, Keys, Passport, and many more.
- Add Your Own Items: Don’t see an item you want to be reminded about? Add and customize your own items.
- Quick Alerts: If you don’t have time to pick a specific item to remember, you can create a Quick Alert to set a reminder in just a few clicks.
- Smart Search: Search the app’s personal item library to quickly find the item you want to create a reminder for.
- Tags & Notes: You can add up to 6 short Tags or Notes to your reminder, so that when the app reminds you not to leave without your item, you’ll also be presented with your notes. You can include your coat check number, or specific info about where your item is (e.g. “under desk” or “top drawer”).
About Layman Lab, Inc.
Layman Lab is focused on solving problems through technology, and making utility more creative. We produce innovative digital tools and mobile apps for discovery, time management, productivity and convenience.
When we create products, we make them smart on the inside. We tinker and tweak all the available advantages of technology and interpret that into clean, modern designs. In other words, we struggle with the complexity, so our users don’t have to.
Layman Lab, Inc. was founded by Austin Scherer as a creative outlet and an opportunity to experiment and tinker with technology solutions. Previously, Austin spent 15+ years in the advertising industry and continues to bring his strategic thinking, creative aptitude and annoying attention to detail to each project.
Select Press Coverage